Ghibli Museum Tour
Visit the museum of Hayao Miyazaki's famous Studio Ghibli animation studios with an expert guide. Learn how animated films are made and see special exhibitions on your favorite Ghibli movies and characters. After, enjoy a short tour of the local area.
The booking deadline for this program is the 7th day of the month before your preferred date.
◆ Discover the history of animation with an expert guide
◆ Watch an original short film in the exclusive Saturn Theater
◆ Explore exhibitions about your favorite Ghibli characters, animators and more!
◆ Wander the whimsical rooms and hallways of this uniquely designed museum
◆ Enjoy learning about the local area and visit Inokashira Park and Kichijoji
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
The majority of the tour will take place in The Ghibli Museum, an animation and art museum in Mitaka, Tokyo, about the works of Japan's famous animation house, Studio Ghibli.
Inspired by Ghibli's works, which include the likes of "Spirited Away", "Howl's Moving Castle" and "Princess Mononoke", the Ghibli Museum's whimsical architecture is like no other, with colorful walls, moving exhibits, and much-loved characters to greet you at every corner.
You will be escorted around the museum by our anime guide, an expert on all things Ghibli, and learn the story of this animation titan. There's plenty to see and do in the museum too including: permanent exhibitions on the history of animation and Ghibli; The Saturn Theater, which shows never-seen-before animated shorts; special exhibition rooms that show a closer look into Japanese animation; a café; children's playground; gift shop; and more.
A real-life fantasy land, The Ghibli Museum is a dream for anyone who ever wanted to know about Japan's famous animation industry.
Please note: The Ghibli Museum has specific requirements for entry onto its premises. Please see "More Info" for details about booking requirements.
Inokashira Park & Kichijoji
After you've filled your boots with all of the Ghibli Museum's splendor, you will head out to nearby Inokashira Park. Inokashira is one of Tokyo's oldest and greenest parks, a popular area, with a large lake, a zoo, several restaurants and cafes, and an eye-catching vermillion-red shrine dedicated to the Buddhist deity Benzaiten. Spacious and often home to a number of street performers, Inokashira is the perfect place to learn about suburban Tokyo life.
A short walk will then take you to Kichijoji town center. One of the trendiest places in Tokyo and a popular spot for artists, Kichijoji is loved for its chilled, bohemian vibe. Here you will find a number of quirky shops and restaurants, including the Harmonica Alley area, a famous street food district so-called because it is shaped not unlike a harmonica.
1. When we secure tickets on your behalf, we are required to provide the full legal name of the lead guest. This rule is implemented by the Ghibli Museum for all foreign ticket buyers. The lead guest must then bring their passport to the museum with the tickets.
2. The booking deadline for this program is the 7th day of the month before your preferred date (for example, if you wish to book for July 3rd, please book on or before June 7th).
3. Due to restricted space in the museum, we cannot guarantee your booking until the 10th day of the month before your preferred date.
4. Entrance to the museum is staggered. There are four admissions times: 10:00, 12:00, 14:00 & 16:00. If you wish to enter the museum at a certain time, please let us know when booking. Please note, due to heavy competition, your first choice admission time is not guaranteed.
5. Sometimes we are able to acquire tickets for a different day than the one requested. Please let us know if you are available on multiple days.
6. Tickets can either be given to you by your guide on the day of the tour, or we can send them to your hotel. Alternatively, you can also pick them up at our office in Minato-ku, Tokyo.
|1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People||
|¥ 23,500||¥ 36,300||¥ 46,750||¥ 57,200||+ ¥ 10,450|
Total Price = Basic Fee + Fee per Person * Number of Participants + Tax
• Admission to The Ghibli Museum
• Nationally-licensed tour guide
• Public transportation fee
• Hotel pick-up*
*Please note that we can only do our pick-up service at hotels within a 10 minute walk of stations on the JR Yamanote Line. Please contact us if you are unsure if your hotel falls into this category. For hotels not within this area, we can arrange an alternative pick up destination.
※ Those who wish to use a taxi service instead of public transportation must pay an additional cost.
• Food & drink
• Hotel drop-off
• Other shopping expenses
◆ Our services are mainly offered in English. Other languages (including Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Russian) are also available. If you would like to request this tour in a language other than English, please inquire at email@example.com as soon as possible.
◆ Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accidents caused by disregard of the instructions.
◆ Please advise us if you have any religious/health restrictions, allergies, or if you would like to request any special care for participants (including children).
◆ Our business hours are from 9:00am to 6:00pm on weekdays. For inquiries received outside of business hours, we will look into them and respond on the next business day.
Note: The booking deadline for this program is the 7th day of the month before your preferred date (for example, if you wish to book for July 3rd, please book before June 7th). In addition, due to restricted space in the museum, we cannot guarantee your booking until the 10th day of the month before your preferred date.